Why do I Sweat So Much?
Are you suffering from excessive sweating? Sweating is a natural process that removes body toxins through skin pores. It is natural if you are sweating but if you are sweating too much it causes some underlying medical reasons.
There are certain factors which are mainly responsible for excessive sweating such as Insomnia, strees, anxiety, heavy physical work, work pressure or may be some medical background.
When sweat evaporates it cools down the body, maintains body temperature but excessive sweating always leads to irritation during handshake, using mobile or computer keyboard, driving car or writing etc.
Causes of Excessive Sweating
Excessive sweating causes stress, anxiety; Insomnia etc. however there are some more factors which are sole responsible for excessive sweating such as
- Diabetes: It’s a metabolic disease in which the human body is unable to produce enough insulin that causes extra levels of glucose in blood.
- HIV/AIDS: AIDS is a syndrome that caused by HIV which slowly destroy the immune system.
- High blood pressure: High blood pressure actually increases the pressure of blood in heart.
- Obesity: Obesity or excess fat causes excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis.
- Gastric: inflammation in stomach or gastric causes excessive sweating.
- Thyroid: when thyroid gland produces too much thyroxine hormone that causes excessive sweating.
- Hiatal hernia: when stomach pushes upward through diaphragm can causes excessive sweating.
- Menopause: this syndrome can also cause hyperhidrosis.
- Malaria: this disease caused by infected mosquitoes can lead to excessive sweating.
Apart from above mentioned reasons some more factors can be responsible for excessive sweating or hyperhidrosis such as spinal cord injury, pregnancy, over consumption of alchohol etc. If someone is not having any of the above mentioned diseases then proper diagnosis is required. Proper consultation with a doctor is required with proper treatment.
Treatments of Excessive Sweating
Botox- it’s a FDA approve treating option that can reduce hyperhidrosis.
Antiperspiran- it is the easiest way to tackle excessive sweating with antiperspirants which is already using by various people every day. It is available at drug stores.
Iontophoresis- in this treatment electricity passes through bath water that can reduce excessive sweating.
Surgery- the surgery recommend when someone is having severe hyperhydrosis. plastic surgeon removes the sweating glands from the body that has not responded any other treatments.
Anticholinergic drugs- when Botox, antiperspirants, iontophoresis haven’t work than doctors can prescribe such anticholinergic drugs. These drugs stop the activation of the sweat glands but they are not recommended to everyone as it it has side effects like urinary problems, blurred vision etc.
Apart from all these above mentioned medical treatments there are some more solutions which can be incorporated at home such as wear breathable light fabric like cotton, two times bath with antibacterial soap, avoid spicy food and alcohol, avoid the usage of cosmetics, heavy make-up etc. can definitely reduce the problem of excessive sweating. Get more information about hyperhidrosis treatment here